Forensic Medical Examiner (Doctor)
Up to £75,000 + Mileage expenses + pension, 1 week’s study leave + more
Home based, with travel to sites as required
Leicestershire (all sites near to Leicester)
Magnetic is recruiting GMC-registered Doctors for full and part time opportunities for Forensic Medical Examiners (FMEs) to support busy police custody suite teams throughout the county, assessing & treating both suspects and the victims of crime. This is an extremely varied and interesting role where no two shifts are the same. Based from home, supported by other FMEs and Custody Nurses, you will attend a variety of locations including police stations, sexual assault centres and hospitals
Key Responsibilities of the Forensic Medical Examiner (Doctor)
- Triaging and providing medical care for people in police custody which may include a range of conditions you will have experienced in General Practice and Emergency Departments (ED).
- Procedures under the Road Traffic Act (e.g. taking blood samples for analysis).
- Forensic sampling, examination and aftercare of complainants of all forms of assault.
- Mental health assessments.
- Liaising with local Alcohol and Drug Advisory Services, Social Workers, Police and other professionals.
- 24-hour shift rota (days, evenings and night shifts) in a 7 day a week service
Essentials for the Forensic Medical Examiner (Doctor):
- Fully qualified doctor with a minimum of two years’ post qualification experience gained in either primary care or NHS speciality training posts, Emergency Medicine or GP Practice of particular interest.
- Full and unblemished GMC registration with no restriction on work setting.
- Phlebotomy and cannulation skills
- Non-British applicants must have been Resident in the UK for a minimum of 3 years.
- Full right to live and work in the UK.
- Full UK driving licence with own transport.
Full JD upon request, if you are a GMC-registered Doctor with a minimum of 2 years experience in emergency medicine, acute medical/primary care/GP services, and full right to work in the UK, please send me your CV ASAP in order to be considered.
Forensic Medical Examiner / Doctor / Registrar / Psychiatry / Forensic / Emergency Department / A+E / GP Practice / Sexual Health / Gynaecology